Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Up to Colombus - Vacation part 1

Enjoying the ride...

and cool at the same time.



For our vacation this year we went several places and included all of the grandparents. Our first stop was to my sister's to see her family, my grandmother, and a close friend. From there, we picked up my parents and headed to the zoo. I didn't really take a lot of pictures at all - I just enjoyed the vacation. Honestly, I don't think I could have kept up with the camera anyway.

After the zoo we went to a nearby hotel and "vegged" for the evening. We left the hotel the next afternoon and headed back to my parents. Our one rule for our vacation was "to be relaxed and if we saw something interesting along the way, stop and enjoy it." So our first stop was The Santa Maria. The kids enjoyed touring the boat and learning how sailors lived. A "dream come true" for a four year old who spends a lot of time pretending to be a pirate.

Our next stop was Renick's farm. A cute "little" farmers market somewhere in OH. They had a hay maze for the kids to play in as well as this slide. Lot's of yummy local foods and root beer for the road.

3 comments:

S.D. Smith said...

Hey, you're back. Cool. I ma very jealous of the boat visit.

S.D. Smith said...

"ma" should be "mamamia"

gina said...

so fun!